Thermoplastic polyolefin (TPO) single-ply roofing membranes are among the fastest growing commercial roofing products and have gained broad industry acceptance for their many performance and installation advantages. As demand increases for heat-reflective and energy efficient roofing systems, TPO single-ply roofing membranes continue to provide exceptional resistance to ultraviolet, ozone and chemical exposure.
TPO (Thermoplastic Polyolefin) continues to be the fastest growing commercial roofing membrane on the market today, having grown to over 40% of the installed sq ft in the U.S. in the past seven years.
Industry reports show that nearly 1.2 billion square feet of TPO was installed in 2013. Its growth and market acceptance continue to outpace the overall commercial roofing market. TPO is clearly leading the trend to white, reflective, energy efficient, heat welded single ply roofing systems.
Benefits of TPO Roofing Systems
Exceptional building performance starts at the top. Significant reduction in roof’s surface temperature. Greater energy efficiency. More indoor comfort and lower electricity bills. It’s no surprise that thermoplastic polyolefin (TPO) roofs are the fastest growing, sustainable commercial roofing products available. And with two decades of TPO experience, Firestone proudly stands behind our family of UltraPly TPO products.
Why Choose a TPO Roof system?
- Enhanced Energy Efficiency
- Long-Lasting Performance
- Superior Durability & Strength
- Less Environmental Impact
- Popular among businesses in Texas and the greater Gulf Coast Region
- White reflective surface exceeds the EPA’s ENERGY STAR® requirements
- White, tan and gray are listed with the Cool Roof Rating Council (CRRC)
- White and tan are compliant with Energy Efficiency Building Standards and can be used to gain credits with Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED®) certification
- Resists degradation from ultraviolet (UV) radiation and ozone
- Guards against erosion from harmful chemicals and microbial growth
- Performs at more than three times the ASTM International standard for weathering resistance
Superior Durability & Strength
- Average thickness over scrim exceeds ASTM D6878 standard on 45-mil, 60-mil
- Provides enhanced puncture, tear and abrasion resistance
Less Environmental Impact
- Can add LEED points to the design, construction, operation and maintenance of
a commercial building
- Proximity of product availability reduces greenhouse gas emission and contributes to
- Does not contain chlorinated or halogenated components
Excellent Wind Uplift Resistance
- TPO seaming technology creates a full-width seam extending on both sides of the seam
- Process allows uplift forces to be distributed uniformly along all edges of the fastening
system for improved wind resistance
Extend Your TPO Roof Life – and add peace of mind!
In addition to long-lasting performance, TPO Roofing Systems deliver:
- Exceptional 30-year warranty coverage
- 80-mil thick reinforced membrane
- Mechanical or fully adhered attachments
- Excellent field seams and high-wind ratings
- Chlorine – and halogenate-free components
- Exceeds EPA’s ENERGY STAR requirements
- Variety of warranties including punture, wind and hail
- Superior strength for high-wind areas
- Higher wind uplift ratings than traditional single-weld systems
- Full-width seam distributes uplift forces uniformly
Is TPO Roofing Good For Your Building?
Leaking Roof? Roof showing signs of aging? Loosing roofing material when the wind blows?
If you see signs of a failing roof systems, call Culver Roofing Company at 832-671-1357 or fill out the information below to schedule a roof inspection by one of our certified TPO roofing specialists.